Rice Krispie cakes are an easy and quick treat to make at home. You only need a few ingredients and it involves no baking at all. This fun Valentine’s Day twist on the classic recipe makes these cakes great to share with your friends and loved ones! It’s a super flexible recipe and you can use whatever chocolate you like and you could even use other plain cereal such as cornflakes if you prefer. So how can you make these Valentine’s Day treats at home? Just follow these three easy steps and you can make these delicious Rice Krispie cakes at home too!
Step 1: Melt The Chocolate
- 100g milk or dark chocolate
- Firstly, break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bowl.
- Next, fill a saucepan with 1cm of boiling water.
- Then, place the glass bowl in the saucepan and melt the chocolate until it is smooth and there are no lumps. If you need to heat the saucepan, be careful to ensure no water gets into the bowl otherwise the chocolate will be grainy. For best results, I recommend using a glass bowl that does not touch the bottom of the saucepan.
Step 2: Make The Rice Krispie Cakes
- 50g Rice Krispies
- Firstly, line a cupcake tray with cake cases. This recipe will make approximately 12 small Rice Krispie cakes.
- Then, stir in the Rice Krispie into the melted chocolate until they are completely covered in chocolate.
- Next, using a tablespoon spoon a spoonful of the mixture into a cupcake case.
This recipe will make approximately 12 small Rice Krispie cakes.
Step 3: Decorate The Valentine’s’ Day Rice Krispie Cakes
- Love Hearts sweets
- Place a Love Heart sweet in the centre of each Rice Krispie cake.
- Finally, leave the Rice Krispie cakes to set for an hour.
And there you have it, delicious Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Cakes to enjoy and share!
Thank You for reading. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and subscribe to the blog!
Got any comments or questions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Until next time – where will your next adventure take you?