Chocolate orange truffles make a great Christmas treat or gift to give to your friends/family. This recipe is inspired by Terry’s Chocolate Orange which is one of my favourite chocolate treats to indulge in over the festive period! These chocolate truffles are super simple to make and you only need 2 ingredients. So how can you make them at home? Just follow these three easy steps and you can make these delicious homemade chocolate truffles too!
Step 1: Make the chocolate truffle ganache
- 100g orange flavoured chocolate
- 40g double cream
This recipe will make 12 large milk chocolate truffles.
- Firstly, break the orychocolate into small pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Next, on a low heat, warm the double cream. This will take a minute, be careful not to burn the cream.
- Then, pour the warm cream over the chocolate and stir with a spatula until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Finally, ensure the mixture is level in the bowl and leave to cool. Once completely cool, cover with cling firm and leave to chill in the fridge overnight.
Step 2: Shape the chocolate orange truffles
The ganache will have set over night and is now ready to roll into truffles. Before you begin to shape the truffles wash you hands in cold water.
- With a teaspoon, scoop a small amount of the ganache and roll into a ball using the palms of your hands.
You will make approximately 12 large chocolate orange truffles.
Step 3: Chill and enjoy your chocolate orange truffles
- As soon as you have shaped all the truffles, place them on parchment paper or in mini cake cases and chill in the fridge until they become firm.
And there you have it, delicious homemade chocolate orange truffles to enjoy!
Thank You for reading. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and subscribe to the blog!
Got any comments or questions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Until next time – where will your next adventure take you?