Who doesn’t love a good pastry? Cinnamon swirls originate from Denmark/Sweden and are surprisingly simple and quick to make at home. These make a great snack or morning breakfast treat and look as good store bought pastries! They can be served plain or with a dusting of icing sugar or even an icing glaze. So how can you make these at home? Just follow these three easy steps and you can make these delicious cinnamon swirls at home too!
Step 1: Make the cinnamon swirl filling
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 50g sugar
- 3-4 heaped teaspoons cinnamon powder (flavour to taste)
- Mix the margarine, sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl until it is a smooth paste.
Step 2: Make the cinnamon swirls
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- Firstly, line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then, roll out the ready made puff pastry on a flat surface.
- Next, spread the cinnamon filling evenly on the pastry ensuring approximately 1cm is left free at each edge.
- Then, roll the pasty from the horizontal side pressing lightly at each roll.
- Next, cut the pastry into approximately 2cm blocks using a sharp knife.
- Finally, place the cinnamon swirls in a baking tray ensuring there is a gap between the pastries.
This will make approximately 9 cinnamon swirls.
Step 3: Bake the cinnamon swirls
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake the cinnamon swirls for 18 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and puffy.
And there you have it, delicious homemade cinnamon swirls to enjoy!
Thank You for reading. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and subscribe to the blog!
Got any comments or questions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Until next time – where will your next adventure take you?