Milk Chocolate truffles are an indulgent treat or make a great gift. (If you can part with them!) Truffles originate from France and get their name from their shape which resembles a truffle mushroom. Chocolate truffles are simple to make at home and you only need 3 ingredients. They can be made using different flavours or toppings such as nuts or sprinkles but the classic milk chocolate truffle is dusted with cocoa powder. So how can you make them at home? Just follow these three easy steps and you can make delicious homemade milk chocolate truffles too!
Step 1: Make the chocolate truffle ganache
- 100g milk chocolate
- 40g double cream
This recipe will make 20 small milk chocolate truffles.
- Firstly, break the milk chocolate into small pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Next, on a low heat, warm the double cream. This will take a minute, be careful not to burn the cream.
- Then, pour the warm cream over the chocolate and stir with a spatula until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Finally, ensure the mixture is level in the bowl and leave to cool. Once completely cool, cover with cling firm and leave to chill in the fridge overnight.
Step 2: Shape the milk chocolate truffles
The ganache will have set over night and is now ready to roll into truffles. Before you begin to shape the truffles wash you hands in cold water.
- With a teaspoon, scoop a small amount of the ganache and roll into a ball using the palms of your hands.
- Leave the truffles on cling film or on parchment paper.
You will make approximately 20 small milk chocolate truffles.
Step 3: Decorate the milk chocolate truffles
As soon as you have shaped all the truffles, you are ready to decorate.
- Cocoa powder
You could decorate with sprinkles, chopped nuts or coconut if you prefer.
- Firstly, roll the truffle in cocoa powder and ensure the powder has covered all of the truffle.
- Finally, store in an airtight container and keep in cool place.
And there you have it, delicious homemade milk truffles to enjoy! These will need to be consumed within a few days as it contains fresh cream.
Thank You for reading. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and subscribe to the blog!
Got any comments or questions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Until next time – where will your next adventure take you?