Who doesn’t love pizza? Pizza is my favourite Italian food and it is easy and fun to make at home. We’ve been making pizza in my house since I was a kid and this classic recipe is simple to follow and works every time! The best thing about homemade pizza is that’s it’s fresh and you can put whatever toppings on it that you like. (Pineapple does belong on pizza!) Not to mention, it is a lot healthier and cheaper compared to takeaway pizza. So how can you make it at home? Just follow these three easy steps and you can make a delicious homemade pizza too!
Step 1: Make the pizza dough
- 650g strong flour
- 7g dried easy-blend yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml olive oil
- 50ml warm milk
- 325ml warm water
This will make six 8 inch pizzas or I normally make two 12 inch pizzas.
- Firstly, mix the salt, flour and yeast in a large bowl.
- Then, stir in the olive oil and warm milk.
- Next, make a well in the mixture and add the warm water. Knead the dough until it is stretchy and elastic.
- Finally, cover the dough with a wet tea towel and leave to rise.
For best results leave the dough to rise overnight. If you are short on time, leave the dough for 2 hours and knead. Repeat this until the dough has doubled in size.
Step 2: Top the pizza
- Tomato ketchup
- Tomato purée
- Cheese (grated)
- Toppings (chopped)
The next day the dough will have doubled in size.
- Firstly, begin by kneading the dough for a few minutes. Make the dough into balls so it is ready to roll out.
- Next, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into whatever shape you like. I did a classic circle but you could do an oval, rectangle or get creative with any shape! Transfer the dough onto a pizza tray once you have your desired shape.
- Then, make the pizza sauce which is made by mixing tomato ketchup with 2-3 tablespoons of tomato purée. You can also add herbs if you wish. Spread generously on the pizza base, making sure it is all covered.
- Finally, top the pizza with cheese and whatever toppings you like. I used mushrooms, sweetcorn and pineapple but you can use whatever you want.
Step 3: Cook the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Cook the pizza for 15 minutes, making sure the cheese has melted, the toppings are cooked and the base is crisp.
And there you have it, a delicious homemade pizza to eat. Enjoy!
Thank You for reading. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and subscribe to the blog!
Got any comments or questions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Until next time – where will your next adventure take you?